Monday, May 12, 2008

Hot, Hot Stimulus or Fiscal Inanity

The rational part of my brain knows that the economic stimulus isn't a terribly good idea. It probably won't jump-start the economy; and at a time of record deficits it isn't really fiscally prudent. As a younger American who isn't even paying that much in taxes now, this payment is just setting me up for trouble down the road. On the other hand, the other 97% of my brain knows, "Free Money!"

I haven't received my check yet, but as soon as I do, you can bet certain segments of the American economy are going to get a big boost. Namely, the anchovy pizza industry and beer brewers in the Northwest. Just for fun, I've included charts of federal spending and my proposed stimulus spending.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't understand why taking out Annie Cotton isn't part of your pie chart? And where are the video games?